Volunteers of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Maintenance Tech I-Full Time
at Volunteers of America
Come join the Volunteers of America- we are seeking a friendly, passionate and energetic candidate to join our team in our working environment.
Brighway Commons is looking for a Maintenance Tech I to join its community in Milford, DE! This is entry level maintenance. Must be able to be ON CALL for this role!
***This is a full time position at 40 hours a week. Must be available to work on-call to insure that twenty-four (24) hour maintenance is provided to the properties. Must have a VALID DRIVER'S LICENSE to pick up supplies ***
POSITION SUMMARY:The Maintenance Tech I assume responsibilities for overall maintenance of property. Responsible for preventive maintenance, painting and repairs inside and outside the property to provide a safe, attractive and orderly environment for the benefit, use enjoyment protection of residents, staff and visitors.
1. Make recommendations to Community Administrator on necessary maintenance repairs, preventive maintenance, and property improvements.
2. Repair and paint the building exterior as needed.
3. Maintain adequate lighting for interior and exterior of property.
4. Schedule and expedite work order request.
5. Maintain a clean and orderly storage room.
6. Must be capable of using and climbing extension ladder to access roof, windows, and siding to make repairs as needed.
A. Know, follow and enforce facility safety rules.
B. Demonstrate proper use of equipment; report equipment needs or repairs.
C. Follow and enforce facility smoking policies.
D. Report and document incidents or accidents involving residents, staff or visitors to the appropriate facility personnel.
E. Oversee and inspect quality and ensure adherence to safety and building regulations.
F. Ensure quality of contracted services and enforce adherence to safety and building safety.
G. Understand and implement established emergency procedures.
8. Complete required training.
9. Available to work on-call to insure that twenty-four (24) hour maintenance is provided to the properties.
1. High School diploma or equivalent.
2. Minimum six (6) months full-time experience in building maintenance to include construction or maintenance of equipment and utilities preferred.
3. Knowledge of basic machinery and tools preferred. - Preferred
4. Ability to follow oral and written instructions in English.
5. Ability to read, and write in English.
6. Ability to work within federal and state regulations, Volunteers of America facility policies and procedures.
7. Know how to turn the water valve and electricity off in case of emergency.