Sargent & Lundy LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Structural Engineer -- Project Lead
at Sargent & Lundy LLC
- United States
- Area of Interest
- Full Time - Regular
- Job ID
COVID-19 Precaution: Virtual Interviews
Our commitment to hiring the best talent in the industry and helping them thrive professionally is stronger than ever. Because the health of our employees and candidates is a top priority, we will be conducting our hiring process virtually and conducting interviews via phone or video until further notice. We will provide candidates selected for interviews with all the required instructions. Thank you for your interest in Sargent & Lundy.
Sargent & Lundy provides comprehensive engineering, design, analysis, and consulting for electric power generation projects worldwide.
Nuclear power has been a core competency of Sargent & Lundy since 1954. We have proven capabilities in nuclear project engineering, design, and project management and our leading-edge services address today's emerging issues with highly effective solutions for both new nuclear unit design and upgrades to existing nuclear plants.
This is a lead design engineering position that offers a variety of interesting and challenging opportunities in nuclear structural engineering and will provide an excellent opportunity to advance your career. You will guide a team of structural engineers and interface with the discipline engineers and designers on the project team and with the client to ensure all client requirements are satisfied.
You will lead a structural engineering team on engineering projects for upgrades and modifications to nuclear power plants in the following areas:
- This position will offer you the ability to directly apply your knowledge of materials, structural analysis, structural steel design, and reinforced concrete design
- As a member of an engineering and design team, you will work on a wide range of projects to support client recommendations and reviews including creating calculations, document designs, and specifications
- You will perform structural analysis and design of steel frames, connections, concrete members, equipment, and foundations
- There is the potential for you to travel to client and vendor offices for design reviews and to plant site locations for construction coordination and field verification of designs
We do not sponsor employees for work authorization in the U.S. for this position.
Essential skills and experience:
- BSCE with emphasis in Structural Engineering from an ABET-accredited program
- Ten or more years of experience working as a member of a project team in the design and analysis of nuclear power plant structures
- Proficiency with structural analysis software such as MathCad, SAFE, STRUDL, or ANSYS
- Familiarity with design codes and standards such as IBC, ASCE 7, AISC, N690, ACI 318, and ACI 349
- Proficiency with MS Office applications.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
Valued, but not required:
- On site construction support experience
- PE license and MS degree
Sargent & Lundy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any protected status as defined by law.