Sargent & Lundy LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior-Level Substation Physical Designer - Power Delivery
at Sargent & Lundy LLC
- United States
- Area of Interest
- Design and Drafting
- Full Time - Regular
- Job ID
The Power Delivery Services Group is seeking an experienced Electrical Designer with substation physical design experience to join their team in its Wilmington, Delaware office.
Duties include working in a project team environment with engineers and other designers involved in high and extra high voltage substation design. Responsibilities will include the preparation of the following substation drawings:
- Substation General Arrangement
- Substation Electrical Equipment Plans
- Substation Section Views (Elevations)
- Substation Detailed Bill of Material
- Substation Lightning Stroke Shielding Plan
- Substation Grounding Plan
- Substation Conduit, Electrical Connection and Grounding Details
- Substation Below Grade Conduit/Raceway Plan
- Control Building Equipment, Cable Tray, Lighting, Grounding Plans and Section
Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Interpreting and incorporating vendor information into design deliverables.
• Performing walkdowns at client facilities.
• Applying Client's standards related to the work.
We do not sponsor employees for work authorization in the U.S. for this position.
This position requires a minimum of 8 to 10 years electrical substation physical design experience. Qualifications also include the following:
- An Associate's Degree in drafting or equivalent technical experience.
- Advanced knowledge of computer drafting tools (i.e. AutoCAD or MicroStation).
- Ability to visualize Equipment Details, Phase to Ground and Phase to Phase Clearances.
- Ability to multi-task from project to project.
Sargent & Lundy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any protected status as defined by law.