Sargent & Lundy LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Wiring Designer - High Voltage Substation - Power Delivery
at Sargent & Lundy LLC
- United States
- Area of Interest
- Design and Drafting
- Full Time - Regular
- Job ID
The Power Delivery Services Group is seeking an experienced Wiring Designer with high voltage design experience to join their team in its Wilmington, Delaware office.
This position will offer you the opportunity to work in a project team environment with engineers and other designers involved in high voltage substation design. Your responsibilities will include preparation of the following design deliverables based on input from substation design and protection and control engineers:
- Single Line Relaying & Metering Diagrams
- AC & DC Schematic Diagrams
- Equipment Interconnection Wiring Diagrams
- Cable Schedules
Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing technical guidance and mentoring to new designers.
- Interpreting and incorporating vendor information into design deliverables.
- Conducting walkdowns at client substation facilities.
We do not sponsor employees for work authorization in the U.S. for this position.
This position requires minimum 7 years experience in the preparation and review of wiring diagrams for high voltage substations (138kV and above).
Essential skills and experience:
- An Associate's Degree in drafting or equivalent technical experience.
- Advanced knowledge of computer drafting tools (i.e. AutoCAD or MicroStation).
- Ability to visualize parts in 3D without the aid of the computer.
- Ability to multi-task from project to project.
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology, including the ability to relate various equipment to a technical design.
Sargent & Lundy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any protected status as defined by law.