NHS Human Services, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Special Education Teacher (Middle School) - In-District ES Classroom
at NHS Human Services, Inc.
Job TitleSpecial Education Teacher (Middle School) - In-District ES Classroom
Location1015 Church Road-9986E
Shift1st Shift - no week-ends
NHS is currently seeking a Special Education Teacher to lead our Emotional Support In-District Classroom in Newark, DE. This is a full time school year schedule with full year compensation. We offer highly competitive benefits and additional compensation for Extended School Year if desired.
ABOUT NHS SCHOOLS
By blending behavioral expertise utilizing Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) and education, the NHS Schools partner with families, school districts and community organizations to provide a quality educational environment. The goal is to teach students the skills necessary for success in the general education setting and to transition them, as appropriate, back to a less restrictive environment within their home school districts, competitive employment and/or independent living. Services within our schools include the following:
- Autism Classrooms
- Emotional Support Classrooms
- Transition Services (Vocational Training, Independent Living, Post-Secondary Education)
- PETALS (Promoting Educational & Tangible Alternative Life Strategies) for Girls
- PAES (Practical Assessment Exploration System)
- ESY (Extended School Year)
For more information, please visit schools.nhsonline.org.
WHAT NHS HAS TO OFFER
- The stability that comes with working for a national leader providing education and human services to individuals with special needs
- Highly competitive compensation plans
- Career advancement opportunities in a rapidly growing company
- Flexible scheduling
- Benefits for all employees including marketplace savings program (discounts on cell phone plans, shopping, travel and more); Wellness programs (including discounted gym memberships, mail order prescription plans); legal and financial services; 24-hour nurse hotline; life/disability coverage; and Employee Assistance Program
- Benefits for qualifying employees including medical, dental & vision coverage; flexible spending account; 403B retirement plan with company contribution
- Generous PTO plans including vacation, sick, and holiday pay for qualifying employees
This position will serve as a Special Education teacher in a public academic classroom. This positions primary role is to develop & implement strategies to meet the needs of each individual student. The teacher will instruct students in academic subjects according to school curriculum and daily classes using a variety of techniques (e.g., multi-sensory, repetition, etc.) to meet the students varying needs and interests as guided by the Individualized Education Plan (IEP).
- Develop & implement strategies to meet the needs of each individual student.
- Instruct students in academic subjects according to school curriculum and daily classes using a variety of techniques (e.g., multi-sensory, repetition, etc.) to meet the student's Individualized Education Plan (IEP).
- Instruct students in daily living skills required for independent maintenance and self-sufficiency, such as hygiene, safety, etc.
- Implement and include in lesson plans and opportunities for students to experience a variety of learning techniques and methods.
- Work with other team members to create an LRE step down plan between NHS school and public school as needed.
- Plan and schedule lessons according to the daily schedule and approved curriculum. Ensure that objectives for all lessons, units, and projects are demonstrated on lesson plans.
- Provide a balanced program of instruction for students
- Confer with parents, administrators, school psychologists, and other professionals to develop Individual Education Plans (IEP) for each student in the assigned classroom as well as Positive Behavior Support Plans.
- Confer with necessary professionals and supports to develop plans to assist in resolving student behaviors in the classroom.
- Establish organized classroom behavioral model and reinforcement systems (individualize when necessary).
- Observe, collect, and analyze data daily for IEP goals, student behavior, social, developmental, and academic performance.
- Complete report cards and data collection sheets for each child's progress by the 8th of every month.
- Meet with parents and guardians to discuss their child's progress, and to determine priorities for their child's education.
- Create, maintain and update program books as required
- Monitor classroom to ensure they adhere to classroom, school policy & program requirements.
- Supervise, evaluate, and plan assignments for classroom aide and any volunteers or interns.
NHS is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
In addition to completing your application, please feel free to email a copy of your resume to wendy.belan @ nhsonline.org.
- Delaware Public school certification in Special education.
- Experience in working with students with autism or emotional support is preferred