NHS Human Services, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
House Aid FT 40 hours
at NHS Human Services, Inc.
Job TitleHouse Aid FT 40 hours
Location2 Penns Way-4575E
Shift1st Shift - with week-ends
Schedule-Week 1Mon-Fri 9am-5p & is flexable for program needs. May include weekends or hoildays.
Schedule-Week 2Mon-Fri 9am-5p & is flexable for program needs. May include weekends or holidays.
With a rich tradition spanning almost 50 years, NHS is at the forefront of providing care and services to people with special needs. Today NHS, through its subsidiaries, is a leading provider of community-based, non-profit education and human services. More than 10,000 employees provide care to almost 40,000 adults and children throughout Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Virginia, New York, Maryland, Delaware, Louisiana, and Michigan. NHS has developed a unique continuum of care providing services in the areas of mental health, addictive diseases, education, foster care and permanency, autism, intellectual and developmental disabilities, and many more specialized programs.
WHAT NHS HAS TO OFFER
- The stability that comes with working for a national leader providing education and human services to individuals with special needs
- Highly competitive compensation plans
- Career advancement opportunities in a rapidly growing company
- Flexible scheduling
- Benefits for all employees including marketplace savings program (discounts on cell phone plans, shopping, travel and more); Wellness programs (including discounted gym memberships, mail order prescription plans); legal and financial services; 24-hour nurse hotline; life/disability coverage; and Employee Assistance Program
- Benefits for qualifying employees including medical, dental & vision coverage; flexible spending account; 403B retirement plan with company contribution
- Generous PTO plans including vacation, sick, and holiday pay for qualifying employees
- Assist the Program Coordinator with management of individual funds including requests, expenditures, receipts, reconciliation and record keeping
- Assist with the planning of activities for individuals in the home and the community; attend planned activities for the individuals
- Attend all required individual related meetings per Program Coordinator instructions
- Continue professional growth through current literature, professional meetings, institutes and workshops (minimum of 24 hours/year as required by State Regulations).
- Ensure the availability of all prescribed medications; remain alert to behavioral or medical changes in any residents; adhere to medication administration protocols for Individuals; notify appropriate personnel regarding side-effects or adverse reactions as needed
- Ensure that the physical site is maintained as per regulations; arrange any necessary repairs or purchases through the Program Coordinator; arrange emergency repairs as needed in the online facilities system, and inform the Program Coordinator of those arrangements
- Oversee routine maintenance of vehicle fluids, tires, vehicle logs, etc.; ensure staff is trained on safe vehicle operation and that all vehicle related policies are understood and observed; Report any concerns to the Program Coordinator
- Ensure Individual rights/privacy
- Ensure that the home is clean and orderly; review and update general cleaning routines; submit to Program Coordinator for approval
- Report all health concerns immediately to the appropriate authority, ensure communication related to health concerns is relayed to the Program Coordinator and documented.
- Immediately report all unusual incidents, accidents, problems, incidents contrary to policy, or change in individual's program to the Program Coordinator; provide full data regarding the incident; submit Incident Report Immediately (in no more than 24 hours); take appropriate steps in the resolution to protect Individuals and others from harm
- Assume/Perform the role of the Residential Direct Support Professional in emergency situations, or when a vacancy cannot be covered
- Ensure that the houses are furnished with adequate food/household items; this includes food shopping and reconciliation of all Petty Cash on a weekly basis with the Program Coordinator
- May perform other related duties when assigned or required
Requisition Number: 26907
NHS is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
- Must have a High School Diploma/GED.
- or AA Degree in Human Services or related field.
- 2 of years experience working I/DD Adults in a group home or residential setting.
- Must have a Valid Driver's License.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Pay Rate is $28,000.00 per year.