Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Peer Recovery Coach (Full Time)
at RI International
We are actively recruiting for Peer Recovery Coach positions
The Peer Recovery Coach is an integral member of the Recovery Response team that provides recovery support to adults receiving mental health service. As a Peer you work with adults providing hope, encouragement, support and self determination while creating a recovery environment. Acts as an advocate for the needs and rights of every Person.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
- Acts as an advocate for the needs and rights of every client
- Provides a welcoming environment for all new clients
- In a facility-based program, assists in completing guest registration to the Center
- Orienting new guests to the Center including an introduction to staff; tour of the facility; explanation of guest rights and grievances, Center expectations and program schedule
- Connects with new participants to obtain identifying and referral information, strengths, and solutions sought
- Assisting guests with shower clean up, and any personal hygiene needs including eating, as needed using proper infection control procedures
- Assures guests have necessary items for personal hygiene and comfort
- Documents in Recovery Journal software per agency policies and procedures
- Complete Environmental Scan and Safety checks as directed, removing any hazardous objects and recording findings as designated
- Conduct wellness checks with guests with “risk-sharing” needs, completing required documentation
- Provides on-going observation of guests for the purpose of reporting any significant changes
- Assists clients in identifying their hopes and dreams and the solutions they are seeking by using the Recovery Coaching process to develop and record an individualized Recovery and Wellness plan
- Provides peer support to engage clients in a recovery partnership based on the principles of mutuality and “being with, not fixing”
- Models hope, personal responsibility, and self-advocacy by sharing his or her personal recovery story, how recovery goals can be respectfully met and how a belief in self is maintained
- Min High School Diploma or GED
- Lived experience with mental health or substance abuse challenges.
- Must pass TB test clearance.
- Current CPR and First Aid Certification.
- Will be required to successfully complete FBI fingerprint background clearance. Adult Abuse and Child Abuse Registry Checks.
- Will be required to successfully complete Service Letter and or Professional Reference requirements.
- Must possess a valid State Drivers license, proof of current auto insurance, and be at least 21 years of age and have a clean driving record for past 36 months as determined by the State Dept of Motor Vehicles.
Works in behavioral health clinical areas. Some risk involved in the event of agitated consumers. Must possess visual and audio skills to complete job duties.
In addition to salary, we offer an excellent benefit package: Medical, dental and group life insurance, employer matching 401k Plan, paid holidays and a generous PTO (paid time off) program. Please note Benefits packages offered to full time employees only.
Join an exciting team of recovery leaders as we “create opportunities and environments that empower people to recover."
If you are ready to make a difference in your profession and work with a team that cares, then apply now!
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer an excellent benefit package: Bilingual Differentials, Shift Differentials, Medical, HSA, Dental, Vision, and Group Life Insurance, Employer Matching 401k Plan, Employee Perks Program, Employee Assistance Program, Paid Holidays and Generous PTO (paid time off) Program. RI also supports the Federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program.
RI is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All candidates are required to pass a pre-employment substance abuse test before beginning employment, to include the use of recreational marijuana. RI is committed to maintaining a workplace free of the effects of drugs and alcohol for the health, safety and welfare of its employees, their families and our guests.
RI is committed to diversity in the workplace and promotes equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees. We value a diverse workforce because diversity strengthens our teams and supports our innovative approaches to client engagement creating a healthier atmosphere.