Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Peer Recovery Coach - (Full Time)
at RI International
The Recovery Coach is an integral member of the Restart team that provides targeted care management services. The Recovery Coach brings their lived experience of mental health and/or sobriety to the team providing evidence that Recovery is possible. The Recovery Coach collaborates with the participant by completing a Recovery partnership that identifies their hopes and dreams. In partnership with the participant the Recovery Coach facilitates the path identified in achieving the participants stated Recovery Goals. The Recovery Coach acts as an advocate for the needs of every participant and works in collaboration with the Restart leadership team to support the day-to-day activities of the program’s Recovery environment.
Essential Job Functions
- Initiates the Welcome process with the participant within 24 hours of referral receipt. Ensures Welcome Packet, including consents, is understood and completed.
- Utilizes Recovery Coaching to facilitate an initial needs assessment with the participant, documenting the information in Avatar, RI International’s electronic medical record.
- Partners with participants to ensure collaboration with identified supports (e.g., family, friends, clinical home, housing supports), to obtain collateral information and ongoing participation in the participant’s recovery journey.
- Supports the path for the recovery goals with the participant identifying immediate needs.
- Identifies and educates participants on community resources to achieve success with their recovery goals.
- In partnership with the participant, serves as an advocate with psychiatric providers and other service providers in order to achieve success toward identified recovery goals.
- In partnership with the participant, supports completion of activities of daily living. Provides support with identifying and pursuing eligible benefits including, but not limited to, housing assistance, social security benefits, Medicaid and/or Medicare benefits, prescription benefits when applicable.
- Documents participant’s achievements toward their recovery goals in Avatar.
- Drives personal vehicle to provide supportive transportation as needed, to assist with the facilitation of participants identified goals.
- Provides updated information on goals and objectives to Optum, requesting additional units of service as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Documents relevant and required information and services provided in Avatar, the electronic medical record, assuring continuity of care as a tool for communication with other team members.
- Maintain and observe all HIPAA regulations that apply.
- Provide timely, quality and accurate documentation in accordance with program standards.
Safety/ Physical Environment
Participates as a team member to provide a safe recovery environment. Utilizes infection control and other safety standards. Contributes to the cleanliness of the work place.
- Utilizes effective positive engagement and conflict resolution skills.
- Fosters personal and environmental wellness by taking care of self and maintaining environmental wellness by reporting infection and on the job injuries.
- Assesses emergency situations, notifies supervisor of actual or potential challenges, exercises judgment in stressful conditions and responds calmly and quickly. Displays teamwork during emergencies.
- Influence and improve operations which are not under direct control.
- Use problem solving methods and critical thinking to continuously improve operations.
Education & Experience
- High School Diploma or GED, Peer Support Specialist Certification preferred.
- Two (2) years of experience in behavioral health, service industry or related field.
- Lived experience with mental health or substance use challenges.
Continuing Education & Certifications
- By employment date and annually thereafter, TB test clearance.
- Successful completions of FBI fingerprint background clearance, Adult Abuse and Child Abuse Registry Checks.
- Service Letter and or Professional Reference requirements.
- First Aid Certification, as required.
- CPR Certification, as required.
- Completion of all company required training.
- Maintain Peer Support Specialist Certification credentials, and if not certified at hire, complete certification within 2 years of hire date.
- Must possess a valid State Driving license and be at least 21 years of age if driving a company vehicle or personal vehicle on agency business.
- Must be able to meet all of the conditions of the Organization’s Driver’s Safety Policy.
- Proof of current auto insurance if using a personal vehicle on agency business.
- Must meet and remain in compliance with all driver eligibility requirements.
Location: 700 Main Street, Ellendale DE 19941
We offer a competitive compensation and full benefits package along with a great work culture and environment (benefits offered to full time positions only).
If you are ready to really make a difference in people's lives and join our team of professionals who care, then take the next step and apply now!