Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Full-Time Nurse Manager - Ellendale, Delaware RRC
at RI International
The Ellendale Recovery Response Center is a 23-hour crisis assessment and engagement program for individuals 18 years of age or older, with significant mental health and/or substance use challenges. The goals of the Recovery Response Center are to prevent (when possible) hospitalization and higher levels of care by rapidly getting to know the person's needs, engaging in a voluntary recovery opportunity and connecting people to the community services and support.
RI International serves through 50 programs in the U.S. and abroad, offering services in four business unit categories: Crisis, Health, Recovery and Consulting. Our values and priorities are interwoven throughout all services and include: maintaining a recovery culture, ensuring clinical best practices, making safety a priority for all, measuring value and results, optimizing quality and compliance, and serving as a key resource for First Responders.
Summary: The Nurse Manager, under the direction of Recovery Service Administrator and/or the Chief Nursing Officer, is responsible for all nursing services provided and coordinates sound clinical care with Medical Director.
Essential Job Functions
1. Responsible for selection, orientation, on-boarding and retention of nursing staff.
2. Scheduled to work as an RN in a variety of capacities (based on location and program). May need to engage in day to day nursing services if there are staff shortages and in emergent situations.
3. Arranges the coverage for nurse absences utilizing all available resources to include registry companies, existing RRC staff and providing coverage when necessary.
4. Evaluates the performance of personnel with agency’s evaluation procedures.
5. Monitors successful completion of nursing services within a specific program. Assures that the delivery of nursing care complies with licensing regulations and accreditation standards.
6. Collaborates with an interdisciplinary team to continuously improve productivity, efficiency, recovery outcomes and medical care. Works closely with the Medical Director to coordinate and improve clinical care.
7. Coordinates the relationship with outside medical and nursing support services including; pharmacy and laboratory services.
8. Provides leadership and coaching to nursing personnel.
9. Provides Clinical Supervision to nursing staff.
10. Develops leadership skills among staff including communication, decision-making, problem solving/critical thinking and employee engagement.
11. Maintains regular and consistent attendance and punctuality.
a) Documents relevant and required information and services provided in the identified service record (electronic or otherwise) assuring continuity of care as a tool for communication with other team members.
b) Maintain and observe all HIPAA regulations that apply.
c) Provide timely, quality and accurate documentation in accordance with program standards.
13. Safety/ Physical Environment:
a) Participates as a team member to provide a safe recovery environment. Utilizes infection control and other safety standards. Contributes to the cleanliness of the work place.
b) Utilizes effective positive engagement and conflict resolution skills.
c) Fosters personal and environmental wellness by taking care of self and maintaining environmental wellness by reporting infection and on the job injuries.
d) Assesses emergency situations, notifies supervisor of actual or potential challenges, exercises judgment in stressful conditions and responds calmly and quickly. Displays teamwork during emergencies.
e) Influence and improve operations which are not under direct control.
f) Use problem solving methods and critical thinking to continuously improve operations.
- Documents relevant and required information and services provided in the identified service record (electronic or otherwise) assuring continuity of care as a tool for communication with other team members.
- Maintain and observe all HIPAA regulations that apply.
- Provide timely, quality and accurate documentation in accordance with program standards.
Safety/ Physical Environment
- Participates as a team member to provide a safe recovery environment. Utilizes infection control and other safety standards. Contributes to the cleanliness of the work place.
- Utilizes effective positive engagement and conflict resolution skills.
- Fosters personal and environmental wellness by taking care of self and maintaining environmental wellness by reporting infection and on the job injuries.
- Assesses emergency situations, notifies supervisor of actual or potential challenges, exercises judgment in stressful conditions and responds calmly and quickly. Displays teamwork during emergencies.
- Influence and improve operations which are not under direct control.
- Use problem solving methods and critical thinking to continuously improve operations.
- Actively embodies Recovery Innovations’ mission, vision and values.
- Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interest of the program and Recovery Innovations.
- Contributes and participates in continuous Quality Improvement initiatives.
- Models and practices recovery principles in all activities including hope, empowerment, responsibility, mutuality and self determination.
- Develop new and innovative ways to improve operations of the program and to create new opportunities.
- Determine strategies to move the program and Recovery Innovations forward, set goals, create and implement action plans, and evaluate the process and results.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationship with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Serves as a representative of the organization, acts as a positive role model towards all interactions (internal/ external stakeholders and people we serve) without judgment.
- Provides assistance in a concise, informative manner, keeping a positive, courteous tone and appropriate non-verbal communication and effective listening.
- Contributes to effective teamwork by combining skills and energies in a coordinated effort with supervisors, co-workers, guests and outside agencies.
- Communicates collaboratively with inter/intra-disciplinary team members and participates in team meetings.
- Develops collaborative relationships with community partners.
- Accepts feedback and contributes in an open and receptive way.
- Works independently or as part of a team; ability to interact appropriately with others.
- Speak, listen and write clearing, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
- Focus on Service Participant Needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of the internal and external customers to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters.
- Understand ethical behavior and business practices and ensure that own behavior and the behavior of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization.
- Provide a safe and nurturing environment with an emphasis on respect, diversity, acceptance and compassion.
- An ability to interact effectively within the context of the cultural beliefs, behaviors, language and needs.
- Develops and maintain accurate community resources for education, information and referrals appropriate to guests needs.
Education & Experience
- BSN required from an accredited school of nursing or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of four-six (4-6) years of progressively responsible nursing experience, including two (2) years management experience. Behavioral health and case management experience is a plus.
- Valid State RN license, active and in good standing in accordance with the State Board of Nursing.
Additional Requirements, Certifications and Qualifications
- Therapeutic Options (TO) physical safety intervention training.
- Pre-placement physical clearance.
- Current Healthcare provider CPR Certification.
- Must have TB test clearance.
If Driving Required:
- Must possess a valid State Drivers license and be at least 21 years of age if driving a company vehicle or personal vehicle on agency business.
- Driving record clearance for past 36 months determined by the State Department of Motor Vehicles.
- Proof of current auto insurance if using a personal vehicle on agency business.
- Must meet and remain in compliance with all driver eligibility requirements.