Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Full-Time Constable / Security Officer (Ellendale, DE)
at RI International
Constable/Security Officer - Ellendale RRC
Full-Time: Thur., Fri., Sat., & every other Wed. 7:00 p.m. to 7:30 a.m.
The Ellendale Recovery Response Center is a 23-hour crisis assessment and engagement program for individuals 18 years of age or older, with significant mental health and/or substance use challenges. The goals of the Recovery Response Center are to prevent (when possible) hospitalization and higher levels of care by rapidly getting to know the person's needs, engaging in a voluntary recovery opportunity and connecting people to the community services and support.
RI International serves through 50 programs in the U.S. and abroad, offering services in four business unit categories: Crisis, Health, Recovery and Consulting. Our values and priorities are interwoven throughout all services and include: maintaining a recovery culture, ensuring clinical best practices, making safety a priority for all, measuring value and results, optimizing quality and compliance, and serving as a key resource for First Responders.
Constable Position Summary: The Recovery Response Center Ellendale Constable contributes to the creation of a safe, recovery environment that ensures respect and dignity using a recovery coaching approach. The Constable will have a working knowledge of Title 16, 24-hour involuntary hold process and provide engagement with guests during the evaluation process. In alignment with Recovery Innovations No Force First philosophy, The Constable will demonstrate non-violent verbal de-escalation skills at all times and uses physical hold interventions as a last resort, to ensure safety and ensure involuntary guests remain on facility premises as indicated. The Constable may provide transport to a higher level of care when indicated. Acts as an advocate for the needs and rights of every person.
Essential Job Functions
- Provides a welcoming environment for guests using the Recovery Coaching process.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of all applicable Delaware code governing the power, duties, and jurisdiction of a constable in this setting.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of Title 16, 24 hour hold process.
- Demonstrates No Force First philosophy by utilizing non- violent verbal de-escalation skills at all times and Therapeutic Options physical hold techniques as a last resort.
- Provides safe transport of RRC guests when needed and as directed by the Shift Coordinator or designee.
- Provides service in accordance with RI mission statement and philosophy.
- Assists staff in reviewing and securing guest and visitor personal items in detail, ensures the safety and security of RRC guests and staff.
- Provides direct support to all involuntary guests during evaluation process.
- Participates in at least 48 hours of training in the first 12 months of employment, and at least 24 hours of training every 12 months thereafter and maintains all annual training requirements.
- Participates in Supervision: Part-time/Pool: One (1) hour for every 40 hours performed
- Full time: Four (4) hours per month
- High School diploma or GED
- Prior law enforcement within the last 5 years or prior employment as a Constable
- Must meet the minimum training and experience standards established by the Delaware Board of Examiners of Constables. Visit the State of Delaware official website at http://dsp.delaware.gov/constables.shtml for Constable licensing procedures.
Additional Requirements, Certifications and Qualifications
- Successful completion of Recovery Innovations, Inc. Peer Employment Training upon hire.
- Therapeutic Options (TO) physical safety intervention training.
- Pre-placement physical.
- Must have current First Aid Certification.
- Must have current CPR Certification.
- Must have TB test clearance.
- Will be required to maintain fingerprint Background Check clearance.
- Must maintain Constable Commission Appointment.
If driving is required:
- Must possess a valid Delaware State driver’s license.
- Driving record clearance for the past 36 months as determined by the State Department of Motor Vehicles.
- Proof of valid Insurance if using personal vehicle for agency business
- Must meet and remain in compliance with RI International Driver Safety policy and insurance requirements.
Works in behavioral health crisis environment and clinical areas. Some risk involved in the event of agitated consumers. Must possess visual and audio skills to complete job duties.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified, to perform the primary function.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package along with a great work culture and environment (medical benefits offered to full time positions only).
If you are ready to really make a difference in people’s lives and join our team of professionals who care, then take the next step and apply now!
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer an excellent benefit package: Bilingual Differentials, Shift Differentials, Medical, HSA, Dental, Vision, and Group Life Insurance, Employer Matching 401k Plan, Employee Perks Program, Employee Assistance Program, Paid Holidays and Generous PTO (paid time off) Program. RI also supports the Federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program.
RI is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All candidates are required to pass a pre-employment substance abuse test before beginning employment, to include the use of recreational marijuana. RI is committed to maintaining a workplace free of the effects of drugs and alcohol for the health, safety and welfare of its employees, their families and our guests.
RI is committed to diversity in the workplace and promotes equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees. We value a diverse workforce because diversity strengthens our teams and supports our innovative approaches to client engagement creating a healthier atmosphere.