Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
DE Peer Support Specialist (Pool)
at RI International
We are actively recruiting for the following positions:
Pool: Per Diem, As Needed- Harrington, DE
The Peer Support Specialist for the Restart Crisis House program provides recovery encouragement and supports to guests using crisis stabilization services. Works with guests in groups and on a one-to-one basis providing hope, encouragement, support, self-determination and connection to the community. The Peer Support Specialist acts as an advocate for the needs of every guest and works in collaboration with the Restart leadership team to support the day-to-day activities of the program’s Recovery environment.
Essential Job Functions
- Assist in developing natural supports and community living by learning multiple roles (friend, spouse, employee, student, etc.) so a greater sense of identity is established
- Partners with guests to ensure collaboration with current supporters identified i.e. family, friends, clinical home, current treatment services provider, housing supports, etc. to obtain collateral information and ongoing participation in identified recovery journey.
- In partnership with Recovery Services Team supports the path for the Recovery Solutions with the participant identifying immediate needs within the 9 Dimensions of Wellness.
- Identifies and educates participants on community resources to achieve success with their Recovery Solutions.
- Ability to teach/train recovery information and recovery tools (i.e: WRAP, Recovery Planner, etc.)
- Assists in prompting of guests to complete Activities of Daily Living (ADL’s), as required.
- Prompts guests to take appropriate medications, at the appropriate time, as required.
- Monitors the status of all guests throughout entire shift.
- Assists in meal preparation with guests as required.
- Assists in ensuring all rooms are ready for occupancy upon the departure of a guest.
- Provides support with identifying and pursuing eligible benefits including housing assistance, social security benefits, Medicaid and/or Medicare benefits, prescription benefits when applicable.
- Documents guests achievements toward their Recovery Solutions in the Recovery Journey Wellness Journal and Completion Summary.
- As an initial point of contact, must accurately complete the initial referral questionnaire and assess appropriateness of a referral, contacting the team leader, as needed, to obtain additional direction.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Min High School Diploma or GED
- Two (2) years of experience in behavioral health, service industry or related field
- Lived experience with mental health or substance use challenges
- Must pass TB test clearance.
- Current CPR and First Aid Certification.
- Will be required to successfully complete FBI fingerprint background clearance, Adult Abuse and Child Abuse Registry checks.
- Will be required to successfully complete Service Letter and or Professional Reference requirements.
- Must possess a valid State Drivers license, proof of current auto insurance, and be at least 21 years of age and have a clean driving record for past 36 months as determined by the State Dept of Motor Vehicles.
The physical requirements described herein are representative of those which must be met by an employee to successfully perform the primary functions of this job. Works in behavioral health environments and in the community with some exposure to hazardous situations. Physical demands may include work close to the eyes and substantial motions of the wrist, hands, and/or fingers. Occasional sitting, standing, walking, handling, finger dexterity; eye-hand-foot coordination. Will be required to safely operate a motor vehicle. May be required to lift up to twenty (20) pounds.
We offer a competitive compensation along with a great work culture and environment.
If you are ready to really make a difference in people's lives and join our team of professionals who care, then take the next step and apply now!
We consider applications for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, citizenship status or any other legally protected status.