Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at RI International
Current Constable Openings: Pool/Per Diem/As Needed - Shifts are generally 12 hour days or 12 hours nights.
Constable/Security Officer - Newark (Pool)
Constable Position Summary: The Recovery Response Center Constable contributes to the creation of a safe, recovery environment that ensures respect and dignity using a recovery coaching approach. The Constable will have a working knowledge of Title 16, 24-hour involuntary hold process and provide engagement with guests during the evaluation process. In alignment with Recovery Innovations No Force First philosophy, The Constable will demonstrate non-violent verbal de-escalation skills at all times and uses physical hold interventions as a last resort, to ensure safety and ensure involuntary guests remain on facility premises as indicated. The Constable may provide transport to a higher level of care when indicated. Acts as an advocate for the needs and rights of every person.
Essential Job Functions
- Provides a welcoming environment for guests using the Recovery Coaching process.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of all applicable Delaware code governing the power, duties, and jurisdiction of a constable in this setting.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of Title 16, 24 hr hold process.
- Demonstrates No Force First philosophy by utilizing non- violent verbal de-escalation skills at all times and Therapeutic Options physical hold techniques as a last resort.
- Provides safe transport of RRC guests when needed and as directed by the Shift Coordinator or designee.
- Provides service in accordance with RI mission statement and philosophy.
- Assists staff in reviewing and securing guest and visitor personal items in detail, ensures the safety and security of RRC guests and staff.
- Provides direct support to all involuntary guests during evaluation process.
- Participates in at least 48 hours of training in the first 12 months of employment, and at least 24 hours of training every 12 months thereafter and maintains all annual training requirements.
- Participates in Supervision: Part-time/Pool: One (1) hour for every 40 hours performed
- Full time: Four (4) hours per month
- Documents relevant and required information and services provided in the identified service record (electronic or otherwise) assuring continuity of care as a tool for communication with other team members.
- Maintain and observe all HIPAA regulations that apply.
- Provide timely, quality and accurate documentation in accordance with program standards.
Safety/ Physical Environment
- Participates as a team member to provide a safe recovery environment. Utilizes infection control and other safety standards. Contributes to the cleanliness of the work place.
- Utilizes effective positive engagement and conflict resolution skills.
- Fosters personal and environmental wellness by taking care of self and maintaining environmental wellness by reporting infection and on the job injuries.
- Assesses emergency situations, notifies supervisor of actual or potential challenges, exercises judgment in stressful conditions and responds calmly and quickly. Displays teamwork during emergencies.
- Influence and improve operations which are not under direct control.
- Use problem solving methods and critical thinking to continuously improve operations.
- High School diploma or GED
- Prior law enforcement within the last 5 years or prior employment as a Constable
- Must meet the minimum training and experience standards established by the Board of Examiners of Constables.
- Must maintain Constable Commission Appointment.
- Must be approved as a Constable by the Board of Examiners of Constables.
Additional Requirements, Certifications and Qualifications
- Successful completion of Recovery Innovations, Inc. Peer Employment Training upon hire.
- Therapeutic Options (TO) physical safety intervention training.
- Pre-placement physical.
- Must have current First Aid Certification.
- Must have current CPR Certification.
- Must have TB test clearance.
- Will be required to maintain fingerprint Background Check clearance.
If driving is required:
- Must possess a valid Delaware State driver’s license and be at least 21 years of age if driving a company vehicle, or personal vehicle on agency business.
- Driving record clearance for the past 36 months as determined by the State Department of Motor Vehicles.
- Proof of valid Insurance if using personal vehicle for agency business.
- Must meet and remain in compliance with RI International Driver and Safety policy, driver eligibility and insurance requirements.
Works in behavioral health crisis environment and clinical areas. Some risk involved in the event of agitated consumers. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified, to perform the primary function.
In addition to salary, we offer an excellent benefit package: Medical, dental and group life insurance, employer matching 401k plan, paid holidays and generous PTO (paid time off) program.
We offer a great work culture and environment so if you are ready to really make a difference in people’s lives and join our team of professionals who care, then take the next step and apply now!
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer an excellent benefit package: Bilingual Differentials, Shift Differentials, Medical, HSA, Dental, Vision, and Group Life Insurance, Employer Matching 401k Plan, Employee Perks Program, Employee Assistance Program, Paid Holidays and Generous PTO (paid time off) Program. RI also supports the Federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program.
RI is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All candidates are required to pass a pre-employment substance abuse test before beginning employment, to include the use of recreational marijuana. RI is committed to maintaining a workplace free of the effects of drugs and alcohol for the health, safety and welfare of its employees, their families and our guests.
RI is committed to diversity in the workplace and promotes equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees. We value a diverse workforce because diversity strengthens our teams and supports our innovative approaches to client engagement creating a healthier atmosphere.