Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Community Living Specialist (Pool)
at RI International
We are actively recruiting for the following positions:
Community Living Specialist - Pool
Community Living Specialists are located in Wilmington, Newark, Claymont, Dover and Millsboro, Delaware. The Community Living Specialist is an integral member of the Community Building team that provides recovery training, outreach and support to adults transitioning in the community and enrolled in ACT or ICM Treatment Services. The Community Living Specialist brings their lived experience of mental health and/or sobriety to the team providing evidence that Recovery is possible. The Community Living Specialist collaborates with the neighbor by completing a Recovery partnership that identifies hopes and dreams. In partnership with the neighbor and the Team Leaders, the Community Living Specialist facilitates the path identified in achieving the Neighbor’s stated Recovery Solutions within the 9 Dimensions of Wellness. The Community Living Specialist acts as an advocate for the needs of every neighbor and works in collaboration with ACT/ICM treatment teams to support the day-to-day activities of the program’s Recovery environment.
Essential Job Functions
- Participates in Welcome process with neighbor within 48 hours of referral receipt. Ensures Welcome Packet, including consents, is understood and completed.
- Utilizes Community Living Specialist to facilitate Recovery Partnership with the neighbor by capturing information in the Recovery Journey, Recovery Innovations Electronic Recovery Record.
- Advocates for neighbor to ensure collaboration with current supporters indentified i.e. family, friends, clinical home, housing supports, to obtain collateral information and ongoing participation in identified recovery journey.
- In partnership with the neighbor and clinical provider, supports the path for the Recovery Solutions with the neighbor identifying immediate needs within the 9 Dimensions of Wellness.
- Identifies and educates neighbors on community resources to be obtained by clinical team (ICM/ACT).
- In partnership with the neighbor, serves as an advocate with psychiatric providers and other service providers in order to achieve success toward identified Recovery Solutions within the 9 Dimensions of Wellness.
- In partnership with the neighbor, staff will prompt and/or monitor completion of activities of daily living. Activities of daily living include bathing, dressing, meal preparation, laundry, cleaning, shopping. If “ADL’s” cannot be done by the neighbor, clinical team is notified with possible referral for higher level of care.
- Provide prompting/monitoring only of medication when applicable (by recommendation of clinical team.
- Adheres to attendance and punctuality policy.
- Dresses in an appropriate manner with the nature of work performed.
- Drives personal or agency vehicle to conduct agency business.
- Min High School Diploma or GED
- Two (2) years of experience in behavioral health, service industry or related field.
- Lived experience with mental health or substance use challenges.
- Must pass TB test clearance.
- Current CPR and First Aid Certification.
- Will be required to successfully complete FBI fingerprint background clearance. Adult Abuse and Child Abuse Registry Checks.
- Will be required to successfully complete Service Letter and or Professional Reference requirements.
- Must possess a valid State Drivers license, proof of current auto insurance, and be at least 21 years of age and have a clean driving record for past 36 months as determined by the State Dept. of Motor Vehicles.
The physical requirements described herein are representative of those which must be met by an employee to successfully perform the primary functions of this job. Works in a standard office, behavioral health clinical areas and in the community with some exposure to hazardous situations. Physical demands may include work close to the eyes and substantial motions of the wrist, hands, and/or fingers. Occasional sitting, standing, walking, handling, finger dexterity; eye-hand-foot coordination, use of corrected vision; color vision; use of auditory senses. Will be required to safely operate a motor vehicle. May be required to lift up to twenty (20) pounds.
We offer a competitive compensation and full benefits package along with a great work culture and environment (benefits offered to full time positions only).
If you are ready to really make a difference in people's lives and join our team of professionals who care, then take the next step and apply now!
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer an excellent benefit package: Bilingual Differentials, Shift Differentials, Medical, HSA, Dental, Vision, and Group Life Insurance, Employer Matching 401k Plan, Employee Perks Program, Employee Assistance Program, Paid Holidays and Generous PTO (paid time off) Program. RI also supports the Federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program.
RI is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All candidates are required to pass a pre-employment substance abuse test before beginning employment, to include the use of recreational marijuana. RI is committed to maintaining a workplace free of the effects of drugs and alcohol for the health, safety and welfare of its employees, their families and our guests.
RI is committed to diversity in the workplace and promotes equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees. We value a diverse workforce because diversity strengthens our teams and supports our innovative approaches to client engagement creating a healthier atmosphere.