JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Browser/Endpoint Network Security Engineer
at JPMorgan Chase & Co.
The Cybersecurity & Technology Controls group at JPMorgan Chase aligns the firm's cybersecurity, access management, controls and resiliency teams. The group proactively and strategically partners with all lines of business and functions to enable them to design, adopt and integrate appropriate controls; deliver processes and solutions efficiently and consistently; and drive automation of controls. The group's number one priority is to enable the business by keeping the firm safe, stable and resilient.
We are looking for multi-disciplined forward-looking technologists like you with diverse backgrounds and experiences including in areas such as cybersecurity, big data, machine learning risk management and controls, compliance and oversight, cloud security.
As an experienced professional in our Cybersecurity organization, you're equally committed to watching over our data today, as well as finding innovative new ways to protect it in the future. To do that, you'll help lead a highly motivated team laser-focused on analyzing, designing, developing and delivering solutions built to stop adversaries and strengthen our operations. You'll use your leadership skills to give guidance, best practice advice and support across all our business and technology groups. You'll take the lead on incident response, risk reviews and vulnerability assessments, identifying threats, all of which ladder up to driving and selecting cost-effective solutions. You'll deploy best practices, new policies, and emerging trends to strengthen our strategic roadmap. You'll keep management, executive directors, managing directors and stakeholders in the loop, as well as managing people and budgets. As part of JPMorgan Chase & Co.'s global team of technologists and innovators, your work will have a massive impact, both on us as a company, as well as our clients and our business partners around the world.
The Network Security Engineer will be a member of the Cybersecurity Technology Engineering team, which is responsible for identifying, developing and deploying global cybersecurity controls for network. This role partners with a variety of functional teams to support the continued evolution of the Firm's existing web browser isolation solution. This role will also participate in efforts to test the effectiveness of defined controls and ensure that critical processes in the firm are evaluated from a security perspective. The role requires experience in securing large network environments leveraging a variety of common and emerging technology capabilities.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
• BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
• Excellent command of Cybersecurity organization practices, operations risk management processes, principles, architectural requirements, engineering threats and vulnerabilities, including incident response methodologies
• Keen understanding of national and international laws, regulations, policies and ethics related to financial industry cybersecurity
• Noted cybersecurity expert, keeping technical skills current and participating in multiple forums
• Expertise in Agile and can work with at least one of the common frameworks
• Ability to identify network attacks and systemic security issues as they relate to threats and vulnerabilities, with focus on recommendations for enhancements or remediation
• Thorough understanding of HTTP protocol methods, operations, and security; ‘forward' web proxy operation and policy tuning; and browser isolation strategies. Applicants with endpoint or browser-side focus will be given high consideration
• Candidate should possess experience with full packet capture/analysis tools, experience using enterprise search tools (ie., Splunk, LogRhythm, Elk, Logstash, Sumologic, etc.), and have worked with all current enterprise operating systems (strong Linux skills preferred)
• Background with data encryption practices, concepts, and products as it pertains to network and application protocols; in both individual and bulk scenarios, virtual computing tools (e.g. VMWare, Xen, LXC, etc.), practices (IaaS, SaaS, DBaaS, etc.), and infrastructure (e.g. OpenStack, VXLAN, etc.), familiarity with regular expressions, and experience with scripting languages such as; Perl, Python, PHP, Bash, or PowerShell
• In lieu of experience with Information or Network Security, applicants with a strong software engineering background with thorough understanding of HTTP protocol, web browser technology, and web-based applications will also be considered
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.