Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Wealth Management - Private Bank - Data Analyst - Associate
at JPMorgan Chase
Job Reference #: 170099747
Categories: IT - Computer Services & Support, IT - Software/Development, Management - Mid-Level (Manager, Director), IT - ALL CATEGORIES, Management - ALL CATEGORIES
Req #: 170099747
Location: Newark, DE, US
Job Category: Accounting/Finance/Audit/Risk
Potential Referral Amount: 3000 US Dollar (USD)
JPMorgan Asset Management is one of the world’s largest and most comprehensive investment managers with over $1.2 trillion dollars in assets under management. We are a leading asset manager of choice for institutions, financial intermediaries, and individual investors worldwide. With a heritage of more than two centuries, a broad range of core and alternative strategies, and investment professionals operating in every major world market, we offer investment experience and insight that few other firms can match.
We are looking to recruit a data analyst for the USPB Business Management Team. As a data analyst you will be responsible for working with the team to extract and distribute large volumes of data related to our Private Bank clients, with an emphasis on the production of comprehensive, timely, accurate and well-formatted reports. Additionally, the right candidate must be able to utilize their strong IT skills in the development of the reporting process and associated controls.
As a Data Analyst, you will specifically:
- Meet with Business Partners to understand their responsibilities and current technology gaps
- Collaborate with members of the Business Management Team and other groups within the organization to identify, assess and document business requirements that will drive user automation and usage of tools
- Identify, recommend and articulate business needs
- Develop and maintain queries and programs for accessing and extracting data from one or more database systems
- Explore alternative ways of meeting user requirements through improved programming leveraging innovative tools and techniques and using "best practices"
- Create test scripts
- Perform user acceptance testing to ensure all requirements have been met
- Advise on options, risks, and costs versus benefits
- Create and maintain periodic and ad hoc reports.
- Maintain request queue and collaborate with other team members
Qualifications & Skills Needed To Succeed
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field of study plus three (3) years of experience in the job offered or three (3) years of experience as Research Assistant, or related occupation.
- Proven history of delivering timely, high quality reporting and analysis from diverse reporting tools
- Strong data analysis/quantitative aptitude with ability to quickly learn new metrics, processes, and datasets
- Strong knowledge of SQL query development and Data Modeling
- Advanced level ability in all MS Office tools (Excel, Pivot Tables, Access, VBA, PowerPoint)
- Strong communication skills, able to correspond clearly and concisely
- Logical, structured approach to planning, problem solving and decision-making
- Ability to work on various tasks at any given time with the ability to prioritize without significant guidance
- Comfortable with a fluid environment, and able to effectively work across functions
- Positive, results-oriented team player
- Self-motivated, able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Exposure to one or more Business Intelligence toolsets, preferably QlikSense
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!