Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Data Quality Buisness Analyst - Reference Data
at JPMorgan Chase
Job Reference #: 180085021
Req #: 180085021
Location: Newark, DE, US
Job Category: Accounting/Finance/Audit/Risk
Potential Referral Amount: US Dollar (USD)
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $1.6 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and businesses, financial transaction processing, asset and wealth management, and private equity. Under the JPMorgan and Chase brands, the firm serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients.
The Reference Data Strategy team drives the strategy for building and maintaining high-quality reference data for the firm.
Our mission is to deliver best in class Reference Data Platforms, Processes, and Quality to help simplify operations and enhance analytical capabilities. We are driving a culture of quality and continuous improvement toward the best outcome for client experience, our colleagues and JPMorgan Chase. We do the right thing, even when it’s not the easy thing.
If you're interested in working in an environment where leadership, excellence, integrity, and diversity are among our core principles, then explore the opportunities at J.P. Morgan Chase.
Description of Role:
The Reference Data Quality team drives the strategy and implementation of data quality management across reference data domains at the firm. Our mission is to deliver fit-for-purpose data to our consumers by partnering with them to understand their requirements, remediate issues, build better proactive controls, and provide reporting and transparency into overall data health.
The Data Quality Associate will be focused on working with consumers, reference data operations teams, and technology partners to drive the overall DQ program. Data analysis, requirements gathering and documentation, and solution development are key aspects of the role. The business analysis team works across both reactive DQ to fix known issues, and proactive DQ to provide requirements and testing support for the development of data controls.
- Conduct detailed data analysis on large data sets across all Ref Data domains (party, instrument, account, finance ref data, etc.)
- Partner with stakeholders and consumers at all levels of the organization, across LOBs and functions, and across all regions, to drive solutions
- Conduct analysis on known data quality issues and define operational and/or technical solutions for remediation
- Interact with technology and operations teams to drive changes and remediate issues - ensure requirements and procedures are understood and are implemented as per specification
- Work with stakeholders to analyze and understand business requirements and review/produce documentation with a focus on data management governance and data quality control implementation
- Work with the Ref Data DQ rule writing team to define detailed requirements for new and improved data controls and perform UAT testing on those controls, once developed
- Create business processes and operating models for key operational remediation efforts
- Assist with the requirements gathering, testing, and roll-out of DQ dashboards for consumers and ops stakeholders
- 3+ years work experience in a product management, business analyst or equivalent role
- Data analytics experience using software applications (Excel, Access, SQL, SAS) highly preferred
- Ref Data domain experience (client, instrument, pricing etc.) a plus
- Ability to successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Strong verbal communication and presentations skills
- Strong written communication skills - the ability to write clearly with a high level of sophistication and detail
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple initiatives to completion under concurrent, rigorous, and regulatory deadlines in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Demonstrated ability to work and research/resolve issues independently while sharing best practices and knowledge with team members
- Strong interpersonal skills, exceptional relationship building and influencing skills
- Positive attitude and desire to work in a team-based collaborative environment
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!