Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Corporate Finance - Firmwide Financial Control - Accounting Services & Governance - Interentity - Analyst
at JPMorgan Chase
The Financial Control (FC) team providesfinancial control services across business aligned teams. In addition, thereare several cross business teams including core accounting, regulatoryreporting and an internal control team that houses the functions and processescommon to all businesses. This model allows the participating businesses to moreeasily share best practices and better leverage their collective talent, allwhile ensuring that the business-aligned teams keep their strong connection andrelationships with the business managers in the primary locations. The FCorganization is based in Newark, Delaware and Mumbai, India.
TheFinancial Control Intercompany Analyst will be tasked with identifying thetransaction(s) behind intercompany balance sheet and P&L differences andworking closely with the Line of Business to resolve these intercompanydifferences. In addition, the analyst will be tasked with reporting anyadjustments and explanations received from the Line of Business to theCorporate Finance Reporting team.
Responsibilitieswill include, but are not limited to:
- Identifying & escalating transaction level intercompanydifferences between JPM Businesses.
- Working closely with Senior Controllers to understand and correctintercompany differences.
- Work with Global Controllers to highlight intercompany differencesand risk areas.
- Message corrections and explanations to Corporate Reporting.
Thecandidate must be a highly-motivated individual and must be able to handle ahigh level of complexity in product understanding and have adept problemsolving ability. Be able to shift focus of task with relative ease and beflexible enough in shifting workload in accordance with changing priorities,and be comfortable dealing with a sometimes stressful and fast-paced tradingand month end priority-driven environment.
- Basic understanding of securities and derivatives and cashproducts
- Comfort liaising with business managers, some at a very seniorlevel within the Financial Control organization
- Ability to build and maintain partnerships within the variousproduct aligned businesses and across other corporate financial, and accountinggroups
- Utilize existing relationships and networks within JPMorgan CIBcommunity an advantage
- Ability to understand business drivers, requirements andinfluencing where necessary
- Ability to escalate high priority items and be assertive in a highpressured setting with a senior audience
- Strong analytical skills: Ability to quickly understand workingsof a complex processing system and general ledger systems across the infrastructureand their interrelationships and dependencies.
- Excellent desktop/spreadsheet/database skills
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task in a constantly changing environment
- Able to critically challenge with the goal of identifying controlissues
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business (orequivalent experience)
- 1-3 years experience performing investment accounting helpful butnot required
***Note: This role requires compliance with the Firm’s ConsecutiveLeave Policy. The policy requires certain employees in sensitive positions tobe out of the office