Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Corporate Finance - Firmwide Data Management - Data Quality - Associate
at JPMorgan Chase
JPMorgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
The Firmwide & CIB Chief Data Office (CDO) is accountable for transforming the approach to managing data to create an industry-leading data environment in terms of control, cost, and efficiency. The program scope continues to evolve and encompasses cultural, behavioral, procedural and systemic transformation across the full range of data domains (such as reference, market and transaction).
The role is for an experienced business analyst in a core Firmwide Data Management team servicing all Lines of Business. This is a terrific opportunity for a high energy individual seeking broad exposure to the business within a high performing data management group. The role will have significant connectivity with the Front Office Business, Data Management, and Technology teams. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in project management & business analysis, an ability to solve complex data problems and a good level of Database, Data Warehouse, and Data Management knowledge. Informatica and SQL knowledge is preferred.
- Work with the business to analyze and understand business requirements and review/produce technical and business specifications with a focus on data management governance, data quality instrumentation.
- Driving requirements through user due diligence and sign off
- Guide application development teams to ensure the new data requirements are understood and are implemented as per specification
- Create business process, operating models, and data models to ensure the development team understands the data structures and business requirements for using those structures
- Develop good working relationship with stakeholders in multiple regions.
- Work on multiple Data Management and Data Quality projects across several teams concurrently
- Ability to multi task and change priorities quickly, including the ownership of support requests and project delivery concurrently.
- Working closely with the business, data management, and application development groups (to troubleshoot, understand and resolve requirements and issues).
- Test case validation & user acceptance test case writing
- QA co-ordination (including personal testing time).
- UAT Co-ordination and Deployment management
- First Class communication and presentation skills
- Able to "think on their feet" and propose innovative solutions to complex requirements.
- Ability to face off to very demanding stakeholders, managing their expectations in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to articulate complex issues concisely and communicate effectively and comfortably with senior people.
- Excellent documentation & MS Office skills - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint.
- Experience with documentation / issues tracking tools such as Jira.
- Must possess strong data analytics skills and knowledge of query languages (SQL, PL/SQL etc.) in conjunction with experience of Data Warehouse & Data Marts.
- Excellent Customer Service skills.
- Must be able to challenge requirements to improve them.
- Well rounded, detail focused and innovative analyst.
- Ability to translate effectively between clients and developers.
- Must have a proven track record in Business Analysis / Project Manager experience
- Must have worked as an end user client facing business analyst.
- Must have experience with Data Management / Data Quality governance
- Must have worked on BI platform (Data Warehouse, Dashboarding, Reporting) solution design through client problem statements and not just requirements notation.
- Must have experience of full SDLC, and Business Analysis methodologies.
- Must have experience in both waterfall and agile project delivery methodologies