Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Consumer & Community Bank - Finance Audit - AVP
at JPMorgan Chase
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com
The JPMorgan Chase Audit Department is accountable to the Audit and Examining Committee of the Board of Directors, the Office of the Chairman, senior management and global and local regulators. The department has in excess of 1000 staff, located in key locations across the globe. The Audit Department is responsible for assessing the adequacy of the control environment across the firm's lines of businesses through a program of audit coverage that is performed and managed by a team of integrated technology and financial business audit specialists.
The Consumer & Community Banking Audit Team covers a diverse range of businesses including Consumer & Business Banking, Consumer Card, Chase Commerce Solutions, Chase Wealth Management, Auto Finance and Mortgage Banking.
The Consumer and Community Banking line of business includes leading consumer businesses which collectively employ in excess of 150,000 people, and serve more than 50 million consumers and 4 million small businesses with a broad range of financial services, including personal banking, small business lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments, auto finance and investment advice.
This role is for an experienced Audit professional to join the Audit Finance team. You will be responsible for risk assessments, control identification, audit testing, control evaluation, and follow-up and verification of issue closure related to the systems and applications used by the Finance business. Finance audit coverage includes evaluation of controller group activities, how accounting policies have been implemented, and evaluation of how financial and capital forecasts have been developed. This position is located in Columbus, OH with a secondary location of Wilmington, DE.
- Establish strong relationships with line of business management and related control groups such as Risk Management, Compliance, and Audit colleagues
- Lead audit engagements including risk assessments, audit planning, audit testing, directing audit staff, control evaluation, audit report drafting, and follow-up and verification of issue closure
- Accountable for meeting deliverables and adhering to department standards Provide coaching and feedback to other team members Monitor key risk indicators, significant change activities and escalation of emerging business issues to management in a timely fashion.
- Stay up-to-date with evolving industry changes and market events
- Develop recommendations to strengthen internal controls and improve operational efficiency
- Must have 8+ years of relevant experience in internal/external auditing, or consulting
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems, Finance, Accounting, or other related discipline. An MBA degree and/or professional certification, such as CPA, CIA, or CISA is a plus
- Consumer Banking products, services, or operational functions preferred
- Experience in organizing and analyzing data sets in Excel or other tools
- Highly detail oriented, with excellent research, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to identify, document, and articulate the key messages resulting from analysis efforts
- Ability to work with and present to colleagues and stakeholders at different levels in the organization, including senior management
- Self motivated, organized, and able to prioritize goals to meet objectives, work under pressure, and multi-task in a dynamic environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong decision making and creative thinking skills
- High level of professionalism, self-motivation and sense of urgency
- Prepared to travel to business locations domestically (up to 25%)
** Any candidate not meeting ALL the qualifications can be considered for an AVP, Senior Auditor role.