Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Commercial Banking - Wholesale Lending Services -Operations Manager- Executive Director
at JPMorgan Chase
Job Reference #: 170061051_2
Categories: Management - Executive/Senior (C-Level, VP), Management - Mid-Level (Manager, Director), Management - ALL CATEGORIES
Req #: 170061051_2
Location: Newark, DE, US
Job Category: Operations
Potential Referral Amount: 0 US Dollar (USD)
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its JPMorgan Chase & Co. brands. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is committed to providing a comprehensive set of benefits choices to meet different employee needs and lifestyles, which includes choices such as fully paid parental leave time, health care insurance and retirement benefits.
Commercial Banking (CB) serves more than 30,000 clients, including corporations, municipalities, financial institutions, and not-for-profit entities with annual revenues generally ranging from $20 million to $2 billion. The Firm’s broad platform positions the Commercial Bank to deliver extensive product capabilities - lending, treasury services, investment banking, and asset management - to meet our clients’ domestic and international financial needs.
Wholesale Lending Services (WLS) exists within Commercial Banking and provides loan servicing functions to all four JPMorgan lines of business. These functions include loan documentation, closing and funding, payment and fee processing, syndication loan and trade processing, credit administration and collateral perfection and management. This role resides within WLS Collateral and Insurance and supports the team’s responsibility for ensuring effective implementation of the operational framework across the function, as well as providing advisory support on matters related to operations management. This position collaborates and partners with the WLS management team and other functional support groups (Compliance, Audit, Finance, etc.) to develop and drive Collateral and Insurance strategy and to ensure that operational risks and issues are appropriately identified, escalated and mitigated.
- Develop, scope and execute on internal initiatives as assigned for business unit strategic plan
- Directly shape functional execution of business unit strategies including regulatory driven efforts, process efficiency initiatives, etc.
- Oversee projects, evaluate progress and quality, manage issue resolution process, take appropriate action as needed and while ensuring proper oversight to mitigate risk
- Exhibit ownership in managing partnerships with multiple stakeholders across business unit and key business partners such as legal, compliance audit and risk groups) in order to deliver results in a complex environment
- Integrate effective change management and training techniques to drive enhanced standardization
- Communicate with senior management regarding project progress and recommendations/decisions and develop effective presentations
- Review budget related activities (e.g. headcount forecasting/reconciliation for the unit)
- Manage and direct business review processes
- Provide reporting capability for business unit (non-financial) to measure results, production, performance and efficiency
- Coordinate activities related to general services, staffing, planning, etc.
- BS/BA Degree
- 10+ years financial services, loan operations and/or loan technology experience
- Ability to lead and influence without having positional authority
- Strong team-orientation, leadership skills and proven ability to develop strong client relationships
- Ability to focus on the key issues and drive initiatives to conclusion
- Ability to lead, challenge and adapt to changing business landscapes
- Strong organization, attention to detail, time management, planning skills and the ability to handle multiple competing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively to multiple levels of management, both written and verbal
- Ability to foster positive and proactive approach to process assessment and improvement and identify trends and improve processes for both the business and business partners
- Excellent working knowledge of operations and risk concepts and the ability to interpret and understand the impact of decisions, as well as identify and convey potential problem areas
- Demonstrated experience making independent critical fact-based decisions while understanding the appropriate escalation points
- Ability to review documentation and provide executive summary overviews and trending analyses for senior audience
- Proficient with Microsoft Project, PowerPoint and Excel
- Compliance or Regulatory experience
- Project Management Certification
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!