Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Water Resources Project Engineer
at Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson, Inc.
Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson is a dynamic, 100% employee-owned consulting firm of more than 1,300 professionals that provides a full range of multi-disciplined engineering, architecture, information technology, and related services to public agencies and private clients throughout the United States. JMT, currently ranked #67 on Engineering News-Record’s list of the Top 500 Design Firms.
Successful candidate will be responsible for water resources engineering design, plans production, plan reviews, studies and reports for public sector projects. Responsibilities would include: modeling/design of stormwater/drainage, stormwater management, erosion and sediment control, culverts/bridges, flood studies, stream restoration and permit package preparation. Position will also be responsible for the review of other consultant stormwater and drainage designs as well as design of stormwater management/drainage features. Responsibilities also include plans/reports production and coordination of design activities with others. Work will be performed under the direction of a licensed professional engineer.
- Professional Engineering License preferred
- Water Resources Design experience and working knowledge of current SWM/E&S regulations preferred
- Candidate should be familiar with Microstation, HEC-RAS, and HydroCAD and other hydraulic and hydrologic software
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills for internal and external communication
- Must have the ability to organize and handle multiple project assignments and provide guidance to entry/mid-level water resources staff
- Minimum 4-10 years’ experience
EOE/AA Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled