Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Electrical Engineering Project Manager
at Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson, Inc.
Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson’s (JMT) mission since our founding in 1971 is to be the premiere Engineering and Architectural service provider by providing quality professional services that produce positive impacts and exceed expectations through imagination, innovation, involvement and sound technical and business practices. We are a dynamic, 100% employee-owned consulting firm of more than 1,300 professionals that provides a full range of multi-disciplined engineering, architecture, information technology, and related services to public agencies and private clients throughout the United States. JMT is currently ranked #67 on Engineering News-Record’s list of the Top 500 Design Firms.
JMT is seeking a highly motivated individual who has the desire, relationships, and technical and business abilities to serve as an Electrical Engineering Project Manager in the JMT Newark, Delaware Office. The goal is for this candidate is to grow into the Electrical Engineering Department Manager for the Delaware Valley region. As project manager, the candidate will have the opportunity to manage a multi-discipline MEP design team and assist with growing the facilities engineering practice in the region. The ideal candidate will be technically well-versed and expected to efficiently lead and perform a variety of engineering design tasks in the electrical engineering field. Group management responsibilities will include assistance with business development, client management, financial performance, staff development, proposal development and the assurance of superior technical quality of our products and services. The candidate will act as the principal technical face of the electrical practice in the region and will represent the firm in external activities and groups, including local engineering associations. The ideal candidate is a senior electrical engineer with mechanical experience. The individual will assure compliance with all federal, state and local codes. The candidate will assist the region’s MEP Section Head to ensure a superior quality product and outstanding customer service to our clients by planning, scheduling, coordinating and conducting work efforts; providing technical guidance and supervising the work of other engineers and support personnel; coordinating and securing required approvals; and conducting the final review of project contract documents. The candidate will resolve complex technical challenges such as conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials, and challenging coordination requirements.
Work is performed within a general office environment 80% of the time. Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require occasional standing and walking. Lighting and temperature are adequate and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. within the office environment.
Field work is required on occasion where work may be conducted outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions. Some lifting (up to 50 lbs) may be required as needed.
Regional travel (generally within 100 miles) will occasionally be required for meeting attendance, client contact, interoffice strategic coordination, field survey, commissioning and construction verification activities.
- PE is required. Ability to obtain licenses in Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania and New Jersey within 12 months of hire
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or similar field from an ABET accredited program is required
- LEED accreditation is strongly preferred
- Commissioning certification is a plus
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and computer-based mechanical and electrical programs is required
- Working knowledge of REVIT, Microstation and Arc Flash Hazard Analysis (ex: SKM) software along with computing production tools such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint is a plus
- Must be an outgoing individual who works well in a cooperative, team-oriented environment that spans multiple office locations
- Strong teaching skills and a passion for improving others and the community
- Desire to participate and excel with a broad range of project types, roles, customers and tasks
- Understanding and application of NEC, IBC and NFPA codes for completing electrical design work
- Candidate should be familiar with utilizing both standard and modified techniques and procedures
- Well respected in the regional engineering and business community with ASHRAE or other professional organizational involvement.
- Minimum of 10 - 15 years of progressive work experience in the facilities engineering field within the Mid-Atlantic region
- Experience with developing client relationships with local governmental and institutional clients and organizations
- Must show previous experience with project management and directing or providing technical guidance to others.
- Building Commissioning experience is a plus
EOE/AA Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled