Bayada Home Health Care
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
OT, Occupational Therapist, Home Health Visits
at Bayada Home Health Care
- Position ID
- Occupational Therapy
BAYADA Home Health Care at Bayhealth is currently seeking an experienced Occupational Therapist, OT, for a full time opportunity performing home health visits throughout Southern New Castle County, DE.
- One year of verifiable prior clinical experience as a licensed OT required.
- The OT's responsibilities include assisting the physician in evaluating the level of function, performing client assessments, and planning and implementing appropriate interventions.
- Make home visits to clients in designated geographic territories.
- Perform thorough evaluations of patients’ functional status, including muscle function, endurance, visual coordination, written and verbal communication skills and ADL and IADL performance.
- Assess cognitive, psychological and motor aspects of performance and develop individualized intervention plans to achieve favorable outcomes.
- Evaluate home environment for hazards or barriers to more independent living.
- Identify equipment needs and environmental adaptations resulting in enhanced outcomes for clients.
- Continually assess and revise the occupational therapy care plan, and participate with nursing in the multidisciplinary care plan, as appropriate.
- Educate and instruct patients, family members, or other patient representatives, in rehabilitative care and activities necessary to promote the client's health, safety and independent living.
- Accurately document observations, interventions and evaluations pertaining to patient care management and services provided, utilizing a state-of-the-art touch pad tablet.
Each Occupational Therapist must:
- Be licensed as an Occupational Therapist by the state in which practicing, where applicable, and
- Have graduated from an occupational therapy curriculum accredited jointly by the Committee on Allied Health Education and Accreditation of the AMA and the AOTA, as indicated by school transcript or diploma; or
- Be eligible for the National Registration Examination of the American Occupational Therapy Association; or
- Have two years of appropriate experience as an occupational therapist, and have achieved a satisfactory grade on a proficiency examination conducted, approved, or sponsored by the US Public Health Service, and
- Have a criminal background check completed
Our employees are our greatest asset:
- Enjoy being part of a team that cares and a company that believes in leading with our values
- Develop your skills with training and scholarship opportunities
- Advance your career with specially designed career tracks
- Be recognized and rewarded for your compassion, excellence, and reliability
- Benefits may include medical, dental, and life insurance; paid time off; weekly pay and direct deposit; scholarship opportunities; one-on-one training; recognition programs; referral bonuses; 401(k) with company match; and opportunities for career advancement.
BAYADA Home Health Care, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.