Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Solution Architect, Commercial IT Information Management
At AstraZeneca, we’re not afraid to do things differently. We’re resetting expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening up new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together.
The Solution Architect role within the Information Management Center of Excellence (IM COE) will ensure that AstraZeneca technical solutions effectively meet business requirements while ensuring a high degree of maintainability and supportability. This position will be focused on the Commercial IT – Data and Framework addressing needs focused on data management, reporting and analytics. This contributor will be key to both architecting the Commercial IT data management framework, and to ensuring projects demonstrate the architecture for maximum benefit.
The solution architect will craft, develop and deliver solutions based on established enterprise architecture models and patterns. This is a hands-on position that requires the ability to lead design activities, review the work of others (mainly developers) on the team, and to participate in coding and artifact creation. This role will also be encouraged to identify and share opportunities to improve delivery patterns and models across the IM COE. Key to success will be balancing the day-to-day requirement to deliver solutions using approved architecture with the passion to drive continuous improvement through identification and influencing the broader team toward new insights and approaches.
- Partner with business analysts, project manager, enterprise architect, and other members of the IM COE team to build solutions that are aligned to AstraZeneca architecture standards and principles, bring to bear common solutions and services, and meet the financial targets (cost and benefits).
- Develop and document the Solution Blueprints for assigned projects & ensure alignment of project technical delivery to the Solution Blueprint.
- Ensure solutions consider business outcomes, technical soundness, security requirements, data privacy requirements, and fiduciary responsibility.
- Lead architecture review of assigned solutions and engage with global IM COE architecture review board to assess work from other efforts.
- Participate as a hands-on member of the IM COE – Change Control Board and aligned project scrum teams.
- Peer reviewer of team work (i.e. code, data model, reports) for quality prior to acceptance
- Build technical artifacts including data models, etl / dll, BI deliverables and other solutions as needed to meet business needs.
- Work with the DevOps team to ensure that all release management processes are followed.
- Engage with the application maintenance team to assess opportunities to improve operational efficiency and reduce overall cost of the environment.
- The overall IM COE has about 30 team members located in AZ locations across the globe. This role will not have direct reports; however, on a day-to-day basis will be a technical leader of assigned project scrum teams to deliver solutions. In addition, the role will be encouraged to engage with senior members of the IM COE to influence direction and learn from others.
- This role will work primarily in local time zone; however, engagement with teams spread globally will periodically require flexibility to work adjusted hours to improve overlap with teams in other locations.
- Data-oriented technical experience with AWS: emr, Redshift, Athena, Glue, S3 (required).
- Other AWS experience: ec2, data pipelines, lamba, api gateway and more (desired).
- Python or other language development experience (required)
- Airflow (or other orchestration tool) experience (desired).
- Business Insight experience (required).
- MicroStrategy experience (desired).
- ETL / DDL development experience (desired).
- Hands on experience working with a team using GIT workflow (required).
- Bachelor’s degree (required).
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca is an exciting global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical company. We’re inspired by what science can do. Driven by the desire to meet unmet patient needs in our core therapeutic areas. Bold in our thinking. Proactive in pursuing discoveries beyond imagination. At sites across the world, we bring teams together in a spirit of collaboration to turn great ideas into life-changing medicines – strengthening our product portfolio and harnessing the potential of a pipeline across all stages of the drug development process.
You’ll be part of a team that’s rolling back the frontiers of science to turn yesterday’s impossible into the normal of tomorrow. So, if you share our focus and passion, join us and make a difference to patients – and in return, we’ll help you develop way beyond what you thought possible.